Balangir: A four-day shutdown will be imposed in Odisha’s Balangir district from August 8 to 11 in view of the rising COVID-19 cases, an office order of the Collector said.
During the period, there will be a restriction on intra-district public and private transport while shops, government & private institutions will remain closed.
During the shutdown, only the following activities shall be allowed:
* All medical establishments including hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, including medicine stores and movement of ambulance and all medical personnel.
* District (Emergency) and Municipal Administration/Police/Fire Services.
* Central and State Government Officials on emergency duty.
* Telecom services.
* Petrol pumps.
* Print and Electronic Media.
* Water supply, sanitation and sewerage workers.
* Electricity supply and distribution.
* Movement of goods and good carriers, whether loaded or unloaded.
* Industrial establishments, factories and construction activities.
* Agriculture, horticulture, fisheries, animal husbandry, veterinary services and allied activities, including procurement at mandis.
* Road transport on highways, road movement of transiting vehicles.
* Marriages and funerals, with permission of the local authority.
* ATMs and critical financial institutions like RBI, clearing houses.
* Dhabas along National and State Highways/major roads for takeaway only.
* Milk booths.