Berhampur: As the number of COVID-19 positive cases is rapidly increasing in Ganjam district, the administration today declared four containment zones and 21 buffer zones in Hinjilicut area to break the chain of virus transmission.
The four containment zones are
- Regiddi Street to Block Square (Ward No.6) of Hinjilicut Municipality
- Biju Patnaik Chhaka to Regiddi Street (Ward No.10) of Hinjilicut Municipality
- NAC High School to Biju Patnaik Chhaka (Ward No.12) of Hinjilicut Municipality
- Bainchabania to NAC High School (Ward No.12 & 16)
Ward-1 to 5, Ward- 6 (all areas expect Regiddi Street to Block Square), Ward- 7 to 21 (all areas except Biju Patnaik Chhaka to Regiddi Street (Ward-10), High School to Biju Patnaik Chhaka (Ward-12), and Bainchabania to NAC High School (Ward-12 and 16) under Hinjilicut Municipality area.
The restrictions were imposed after two new COVID-19 positive cases were detected in the area.
Barring extremely urgent me
dical cases with the permission from concerned authorities, all vehicular movements will be restricted . All inhabitants within the Containment and Buffer Zone are strictly instructed to remain indoors. All shops and commercial establishments will also remain closed. However, supply of essential and medical requirements will be ensured through various teams formed under Chatrapur Sub-Collector. All Government and private institutions located within the boundary of Containment Zone and Buffer Zone will also remain shut.
Besides, local authorities will undertake the following activities in the containment zone.
- Contact Tracing.
- Home Institutional Quarantining of individuals based on assessment by medical officers. This risk assessment will be based on symptoms, contact with confirmed cases and travel history.
- Testing of all cases with Severe Acute Respiratory Infections (SARI), Influenza like illness (ILI) and other symptoms specified by MOHFW.
- House to house surveillance by special team constituted for this purpose.
- Clinical management of all cases as per protocol.
- Counselling and educating people and establishing effective communication strategies.
Activities permitted in containment zone
- Strict perimeter control
- Establishment of clear entry and exit points.
- Movement of persons only for maintaining supply of goods and services and for medical emergencies.
- No unchecked influx of people and transport.
- Recording of details of people moving in and out of perimeter.
Earlier in the day, the district administration declared a 6-day complete shutdown in Chattrapur NAC and 7-day shutdown in Kabisuryanagar area.