Going on a date? Have these hygiene tips in mind
New Delhi: A date is as special an occasion for men as for women and there are some important hygiene tips that you must follow to stand out.
Trimming your hair and scrubbing your face can make an impact, say experts.
Beauty and Makeover Expert, Aashmeen Munjal, and Ridhi Arya, Dermatologist at Me Clinic have rolled out tips for men:
* Upkeep your hair with regular trimming, your hairstyle must remain well-proportioned from all sides including the nape and behind the ears, to look attractive.
* Watch out for dandruff, a common hair problem which gets ignored time and again. Consult a dermatologist if you have dandruff from long time as it could have many reasons ranging from your skin type to your diet.
* Too much of hair styling gel can make you look somewhat made up and appears like you are striving too much with your hair. If you are blessed with naturally soft hair, make the most of them and use as little gel as possible.
If you have frizzy hair, consider a keratin treatment to improve the quality. This treatment is neither very expensive nor rare. For frizzy hair, before few days of your date, start minimizing the use of gel and start to practice up-keeping your hairstyle with minimum use of the same so you do not have trouble on your big day.
* Many fail to notice tiny blots blemishing the face owing to their size called blackheads. Men hardly or don’t cover their faces when they are outdoors which is why their skin is exposed to the dust and heat which ultimately results in dull skin and other skin problems. Scrub your face weekly and treat blackheads as these look very unsightly.
* T-Zone is the part of your face that is made up of the forehead, nose, chin and area circling the mouth. Mostly the forehead and the nose area becomes oily in summers and makes you look dull and tired.
There are masks available in the market to cure the T-zone problem for men. Also always keep a blotting paper or tissues with you to blot away excess oil from your face.
* For dry skin, consider a sheer mask. This hydrates your face and makes the skin look fresh and young.
* If you prefer to keep a beard, maintain it really well to look neat. Regular trimming is a must apart from washing, shampooing, conditioning and de-tangling.
* Nails: Trim them regularly and keep them clean.
* Soggy hands: Sweaty palms are a major turnoff. Wash your hands with cool water before a date. Invest in a good antiperspirant.
* Trimming of toenails is as imperative as of fingernails.
* Corns could have various reasons such as uncomfortable footwear or fungal infections. Treat them with the right lotions and creams that are easily available in the market.
* Do not wear shoes without a pair of socks as they absorb foot sweat and prevent odour-causing bacteria. Consider putting powder in your shoes.