International Mountain Day is observed on December 11 annually. The International Mountain Day has its roots in 1992, when the adoption of Chapter 13 of Agenda 21 “Managing Fragile Ecosystems: Sustainable Mountain Development” at the United Nations (UN) Conference on Environment and Development put a milestone in the history of mountain development.
The increasing attention to the importance of mountains led the UN General Assembly to declare 2002 the UN International Year of Mountains. On this occasion, the UN General Assembly designated 11 December, from 2003 onwards, as “International Mountain Day”.
Quotes About Mountains:
- “The mountain remains unmoved at seeming defeat by the mist.” Rabindranath Tagore.
- “Over every mountain, there is a pass, although it may not be seen from the valley”
- “Mountains teach that not everything in this world can be rationally explained.” Aleksander Lwow
- “‘I like the mountains because they make me feel small,’ Jeff says. ‘They help me sort out what’s important in life.’” Mark Obmascik
- “Climb the mountain so you can see the world, not so the world can see you.” David McCullough Jr.
- “You are not in the mountains. The mountains are in you.” John Muir
- “Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory.” Ed Viesturs
- “When life gives you mountains put on your boots and hike.”
- “The climb speaks to our character, but the view, I think, to our souls.” Lori Lansens
- “The top of one mountain is always the bottom of another.” Marianne Williamson
International Mountain Day Wishes
They are the ones who protect us and they are also the ones who bring us rains. Save them for we need them. Warm wishes on International Mountain Day.
Without mountains, life will not be the same because Earth will not be the same. The onus of protecting them lies on us. Happy International Mountain Day.
The occasion of International Mountain Day reminds us that for our survival, we need mountains and we must do all that we can to protect them.
They have shielded us from our enemies and they have also provided us with waters to drink. On International Mountain Day, let us promise to protect them.
Mountains need to be protected because they are losing their identity with changes in climate. Wishing everyone a very Happy International Mountain Day.
Mountains inspire us to always be strong. Mountains motivate us stand tall against all our problems. Let us save our mountains. Warm wishes on International Mountain Day.
Without mountains, there can be no life because they are the ones responsible for giving us water. On International Mountain Day, let us join hands to save them.
The celebrations of International Mountain Day are incomplete without a pledge to save them from getting depleted from the face of earth. Let us work together to save them.
There can be no life, there can be no Earth, there can be no future without mountains. Wishing everyone a very Happy International Mountain Day.
Without mountains the scenery of nature would be incomplete. Let us make it a special International Mountain Day by promising ourselves to save them.