Menstrual Hygiene Day is celebrated annually on May 28 to highlight the importance of good menstrual hygiene management at global level. It was initiated by the German-based NGO WASH United in 2014.
The day is observed on 28 May because menstrual cycles average 28 days in length and people menstruate an average of five days each month. (May is the fifth month of the year.) It is meant to advance menstruation as a biological process so that people can menstruate without being cast out or missing out, without feeling fear or shame and without being treated like less or exposed to more vulnerabilities. It also raises awareness of period poverty, or the inability to afford the menstrual supplies needed to manage health and hygiene with dignity.
Menstrual Hygiene Day Wishes, Messages, Greetings:
- Menstrual hygiene should be taught to every girl so that she can have a smooth and healthy wellbeing during menstruation and otherwise. Happy Menstrual Hygiene Day.
- Being unaware about menstrual hygiene is one of the biggest threats to the health of women. Let us make them aware about it. Warm wishes on Menstrual Hygiene Day.
- Poor menstrual health can lead to so many health complications but with regular hygiene, we can keep them away. Happy Menstrual Hygiene Day.
- Let us make more and more women aware of the importance of menstrual hygiene for a better life. Wishing a very Happy Menstrual Hygiene Day to all the women.
- The occasion of Menstrual Hygiene Day reminds us that how important menstrual hygiene is for any woman or girl. Warm greetings on this special day.
- Menstrual health is often neglected thinking that it is not important but it greatly affects a woman’s health. Warm wishes on Menstrual Hygiene Day.
- Maintaining personal hygiene during menstruation is of extreme importance for any woman. Warm wishes on the occasion of Menstrual Hygiene Day to you.
- “When she bleeds the smells I know change colour. There is iron in her soul on those days. She smells like a gun.”
- “Women complain about premenstrual syndrome, but I think of it as the only time of the month that I can be myself.”
- “Leaders bleed, period.”
- “Women’s regular bleeding engenders phantoms.”
- “Menstruation is not a problem, poor menstrual hygiene is”
- “Menstruation is just a way of your body letting go of something that is no longer needed.”
- “Menstruation is a small price you pay for being blessed with the grandest gift you can ever wish for, and that is, to have the privilege to give birth.”