World Blood Donor Day is celebrated on June 14, every year. The Day was created to:
- raise global awareness of the need for safe blood and blood products for transfusion;
- highlight the critical contribution voluntary, unpaid blood donors make to national health systems;
- support national blood transfusion services, blood donor organizations and other nongovernmental organizations in strengthening and expanding their voluntary blood donor programmes by reinforcing national and local campaigns.
For 2022, the World Blood Donor Day slogan is “Donating blood is an act of solidarity. Join the effort and save lives” to draw attention to the roles that voluntary blood donations play in saving lives and enhancing solidarity within communities.
World Blood Donor Day Wishes, Messages, Greetings
- We all are given with the ability to save someone’s life and we must use it to bring smiles on faces. Wishing a very Happy World Blood Donor Day to you.
- On the occasion of World Blood Donor Day, we must promise ourselves that we will always donate our blood and spread happiness. Warm wishes on this special day to you.
- The prick of the needle might just hurt a little bit but it always makes you a hero. Wishing a very Happy World Blood Donor Day to all.
- Donating blood is a very generous act which can save a life. Let us all be generous in donating blood. Happy World Blood Donor Day.
- The occasion of World Blood Donor Day reminds us how blessed we are that we have such heroic donors that save life. Happy World Blood Donor Day.
- Blood runs in all our bodies and blood can save a life. Let us donate blood and save lives. Warm wishes on World Blood Donor Day.
- Each and every drop of blood is precious. On the occasion of World Blood Donor Day, let us come forward for donating blood and saving lives.