World Children’s Day was first established in 1954 as Universal Children’s Day and is celebrated on 20 November each year to promote international togetherness, awareness among children worldwide, and improving children’s welfare.
November 20th is an important date as it is the date in 1959 when the UN General Assembly adopted the Declaration of the Rights of the Child. It is also the date in 1989 when the UN General Assembly adopted the Convention on the Rights of the Child.
Since 1990, World Children’s Day also marks the anniversary of the date that the UN General Assembly adopted both the Declaration and the Convention on children’s rights.
Children’s Day Wishes and Messages
- Let’s join hands-on to make this world a safer place for the little ones. Wish you, Happy Children’s Day.
- The occasion of Children’s Day reminds all of us that we must always laugh like a child and we will never be sad or depressed in life. A very Happy Children’s Day to all.
- Children are the flowers from heaven. Let’s make this world a safe and enjoyable place for our kids. Happy children’s day.
- A smile of a child is the most precious thing for parents because it brings joy to the soul. Wishing a very Happy Children’s Day.
- Children carry the hopes for our brighter tomorrow and the dreams of our happy future. Wishing a very enjoyable day for children all over the world.
- The sweetest period of anyone’s life is their childhood. A very warm wish for all the children on this special day. Wish U Happy children’s day.
- Remember when we were little, we always wanted to grow up Now we realize it was better being a kid! Wishing all my dear friends a Happy Children’s Day.
- Do not educate children to be rich, educate them to be happy, so that when they grow up, they will know the value of things and not just the price. Happy Children Day.
- The greatest gifts you can give your children are the roots of responsibility and the wings of independence. Happy Children’s day.
- Wishing all the amazing children of this world a Children’s Day celebration that is as beautiful as they are. We love you all. I hope you never forget that.
- There are some things, money can’t buy, one such thing is our childhood, enjoy the spirit of children’s day. Happy Children’s Day.
- If money could buy happiness, everyone would go back to their childhood with all the money they have. Childhood is awesome like every child is. Happy children’s day.
- A very Happy Children’s Day to you. Their innocence and their simplicity are what make them so special. Let us never let that fade away.
- Every child is a gift of nature, give them their today, give them time to play, and make way for their future. Happy Children’s Day.
Children’s Day Quotes
“A child can always teach an adult three things: to be happy for no reason, to always be busy with something, and to know how to demand with all his might that which he desires.” – Paulo Coelho
“The first happiness of a child is to know that he is loved.” – Don Bosco.
“There are no seven wonders of the world in the eyes of a child. There are seven million.” – Walt Streightiff.
“Children are like buds in a garden and should be carefully and lovingly nurtured, as they are the future of the nation and the citizens of tomorrow. Only through right education can a better order of society be built up.” – Jawaharlal Nehru.
“The secret of genius is to preserve the spirit of the child into old age, which means never losing your enthusiasm.” – Aldous Huxley.
“We cannot fashion our children after our desires, we must have them and love them as God has given them to us.” – Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe.
“Every child comes with the message that God is not yet discouraged of man.” – Rabindranath Tagore.
“You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have for instance.” – Franklin P. Jones.
“There can be no keener revelation of a society’s soul than the way in which it treats its children.” – Nelson Mandela.
“Let us sacrifice our today so that our children can have a better tomorrow.” – A. P. J. Abdul Kalam.
“Because children grow up, we think a child’s purpose is to grow up. But a child’s purpose is to be a child.” – Tom Stoppard.
“The greatest gifts you can give your children are the roots of responsibility and the wings of independence.” – Denis Waitley.