World Patient Safety Day is observed annually on September 17 with the aim to raise awareness about patient safety and call for solidarity and concerted action by all countries and international partners for the same.
On this occasion, patients, families, healthcare workers and policy makers come together to show their commitment to safety of patients.
Patient safety basically focuses on preventing and reducing risks, errors and harm that patients go through during the provision of health care.
World Patient Safety Day is one of the 11 official global public health campaigns marked by the World Health Organization (WHO). It is observed by all member states of the WHO.
The event was established in May 2019 when the 72nd World Health Assembly adopted resolution WHA 72.6 ON ‘Global action on patient safety.’
Medications are most widely utilized interventions in the healthcare system. Acknowledging the vitality of it and recognizing the complexity of medicine-related harm prevention and reduction, the theme considered for World Patient Safety Day 2022 is ‘Medical Safety.’
The key action areas are high-risk situations, transitions of care, and polypharmacy.
Celebrating the campaign, here are some quotes, wishes and messages to share with your close ones on this World Patient Safety Day:
- Just like the health of the patients, the safety of the patients is also of great importance. Warm wishes on World Patient Safety Day to you.
- Patients are not in a condition to take care of their safety and therefore, people around them must always be careful about their safety. Happy World Patient Safety Day.
- Each and every healthcare system must always be vigilant when it comes to the healthcare and safety of the patients. Warm greetings on World Patient Safety Day.
- Let the loop holes in patient’s safety be zero.
- Don’t forget about safety while treating their health.
- With time, the treatments and medications have become more complex and therefore, we need to be extra careful with the safety of our patients. Happy World Patient Safety Day.
- The occasion of World Patient Safety Day brings to our notice that we must always keep the safety of our patients before anything else.
- Patients need to be kept safe and only then they can become healthy.
- Safety of patients is as important as health.
- Never compromise with the safety of patients.