Cuttack: The Cuttack Municipal Corporation (CMC) today extended the shutdown in areas under its jurisdiction till July 10, 2020.
In an order, the CMC stated after reviewing the current situation the shutdown has been extended. Earlier the shutdown was imposed in the CMC areas till July 4.
The weekend shutdown in the area will be as usual as per the government order issued on June 30, 2020, the CMC stated in the order.
1. All shops catering to essential items like Medicine, food, groceries, hygiene products and toiletries, meat and fish, animal feed and fodder, dairy and milk booths from 5 AM to 6 PM. However this time restriction is not applicable for medicine shops.
2. Industrial units engaged in manufacturing essential items are advised to use in situ labour/ personnel. The units are advised to run at 33% staff capacity.
3. Banks and post offices will be open with 33% staff capacity for essential transactions only. Customers are not allowed to attend, they may avail service through online modes.
4. Inter-District movement of individuals for medical reasons or for activities as permitted by the competent authority.
5. Petrol pumps/ gas agencies/ telecom services are allowed to be functional with strict adherence of COVID-19 norms.
6. All Government offices shall be opened with 50% of the employee strength as per the order of General Administration & Public Grievances Department Govt. of Odisha.
7. All employees of the private offices (non-essential services) shall follow the practice of work from home.
1) All non-essential travel is strictly prohibited. All non-essential shops will remain closed.
2) All schools, colleges, educational training/ coaching institutions, etc. However, online/ distance learning shall be permitted.
3) Hospitality services other than those used for housing health/ police/Government officials/ healthcare workers, stranded persons including tourists and quarantine facilities.
4) All cinema halls, shopping malls, market complexes, gymnasiums, sports complexes, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theatres, bars, auditoriums, assembly halls and similar places.
5) All social/ political sports/ entertainment/ academic/ cultural/ religious functions/ other gatherings. However marriage with maximum 50 people and funeral with maximum 20 people will be allowed based on prior permission.
6) All religious places/ places of worship shall be closed to the public. Religious congregations in any number are strictly prohibited.
The CMC further said persons above 65 years of age, persons with co-morbidities, pregnant women and children below the age of 10 years, shall stay at home, except for meeting essential requirements and for health purposes, as per the national directives.
Essential movement of vehicles is allowed subject to the following conditions:
1. Taxis and cab aggregators, with one driver and two passengers only, Four-wheeler vehicles will have maximum two passengers besides the driver.
2. Inter-district movement of individuals and vehicles, only for permitted activities with due sanction
3. Railways/Inter-state and inter-district buses are allowed to function, however people are advised to avoid travel for non essential purposes, further personal vehicle may move for non essential purposes through permission only.
4. Commuting from Bhubaneswar to Cuttack and vice versa for essential purposes is allowed with Identity card.
The CMC order stated any person violating these shutdown measures and the National Directives for COVID-19 Management will be liable for prosecution as per the provisions of Section 51 to 60 of the Disaster Management Act, 2005.
This apart, legal action will be taken against the concerned person under Sec 188 of the IPC, the Epidemic Diseases Act, 1897 and other legal provisions as applicable.