Cuttack: Shutdown has been imposed in Odisha’s Cuttack city till midnight of July 8 for COVID-19 containment. The Cuttack Municipal Corporation has allowed and prohibited the following activities during the shutdown.
* All shops catering to essential items like food, groceries, hygiene products and toiletries, meat and fish, animal feed and fodder, dairy and milk booths.
* Industrial units engaged in manufacturing essential items are advised to use in situ labour/ personnel. The units are advised to run at 33% staff capacity.
* Banks and post offices will be open with 33% staff capacity for essential transactions only. Customers are not allowed to attend, they may avail service through online modes.
* Inter-District movement of individuals for medical reasons or for activities as permitted by the competent authority.
* Petrol Pumps/Gas Agencies/Telecom Services are allowed to be functional with strict adherence of COVID-19 norms. All Govt. offices shall be opened with 50% employees strength.
* All employees of the Private Offices (Non-essential Services) shall follow the practice of work from home.
* All schools, colleges, educational/ training/ coaching institutions, etc. However, online/distance learning shall be permitted.
* Hospitality services other than those used for housing health/police/Government officials/ healthcare workers, stranded persons including tourists and quarantine facilities.
* All cinema halls, shopping malls, market complexes, gymnasiums, sports complexes, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theatres, bars, auditoriums, assembly halls and similar places.\
* All social/ political/ sports/ entertainment/ academic/ cultural/ religious functions/ other gatherings. However, marriage with maximum of 50 people and funerals with a maximum of 20 people will be allowed based on prior permission.
* All religious places/ places of worship shall be closed to the public. Religious congregations in any number are strictly prohibited.
* All shops, whether wholesale or retail, are allowed to function between 5 AM and 6 PM.
* All shops and establishments must ensure social distancing and use of masks by staff, failing which penal action will be taken against them.
* Persons above 65 years of age, persons with co-morbidities, pregnant women, and children below the age of 10 years, shall stay at home, except for meeting essential requirements and for health purposes.
Essential movement of vehicles is allowed subject to the following conditions:
* Taxis and cab aggregators, with 1 driver and 2 passengers only.
* Inter-district movement of individuals and vehicles, only for permitted activities with the due sanction.
* Railways/inter-state and inter-district buses are allowed to function. However, people are advised to avoid travel for non-essential purposes.