Puri: The Shree Jagannath Temple Administration (SJTA) authorities have finalised the schedule of rituals to be performed in Srimandir for the holy month of Kartik this year.
The schedule has been approved at a joint meeting of the Chhatisa Nijog and Srimandir Niti Sub-Committee held on Thursday.
As per the scedule of rituals decided by the Niti Committee for the month of Kartik, the main doors of the Jagannath Temple will be opened at 4.00 am every day. Thereafter, the rituals like ‘Bhitarashodha’, ‘Mangala Arati’, ‘Mailama & Tadapalagi’, and ‘Abakash Niti’ will be performed at 4.30 am, 5.00 am, 5.30 am and 6.15 am respectively. The Rai Damodar Besha of Lord Jagannath, Lord Balabhadra and Goddess Subhadra will be held between 6.30 am and 7.00 am inside the temple.
The ‘Pahuda’ ritual will be performed at 2.00 am followed by the rituals including ‘Badasinghara Besha’ and ‘Badasinghara Bhoga’ of the deities.
Here’s complete schedule of rituals to be held at Srimandir in Kartik month.
1. The doors will be opened at 4.00 am
2. Bhitarashodha at 4.30 am
3. Mangala Arati at 5.00 am
4. Mailama and Tadapalagi at 5.30 am
5. Abakasha Niti at 6.15 am
6. Rai Damodara Besha betweem 6.30 am and 7.30 am
7. Rosha Homa at 7.00 am
8. Surya Puja at 7.15 am
9. Dwarapala Puja at 7.30 am
10. Gopalaballava at 8.00 am
11. Sakala Dhupa (Kotha Bhoga only) between 8.30 am and 9.30 am
12. Bala Dhupa between 10.00 am and 10.30 am
13. First Bhoga Mandapa at 10.10 am. Completion of Bhoga Mandap at 12.00 pm followed by Mailama and Besha at 10.45 am and 11.30 am respectively
14. Madhyanha Dhupa (Kotha Bhoga only) from 12.30 pm to 1.30 pm
15. Second Bhoga Mandapa between 1.00 pm and 2.00 pm
16. Dakhshini Ghara Bhoga at 2.00 pm.
17. Mailama and Besha at 2.30 pm
18. Diba Pahuda (doors of deities to be shut) at 3.00 pm
19. Doors will be reopened at 5.00 pm
20. Sandhya Arati at 6.00 pm
21. Mailama and Besha between 6.05 pm and 6.50 pm
22. Sandhya Dhupa (Kotha Bhoga only) between 7.20 pm and 9.00 pm
23. Mailama at 9.30 pm
24. Chandanlagi at 10.00 pm
25. Badasinghara Besha at 11.00 pm
26. Badasinghara Bhoga at 11.30 pm
27. Ratra Pahuda Niti at 12.00 am
Besides, the rituals for performing Harihara Besha, Lakhminarayan Besha, Hari Utthapana Niti, Bamana Besha, Garuda Utthapana Niti, Tribikram Besha, Lakhmi Nrusingha Besha and Rajadhiraj Besha have been approved at the meeting yesterday.
It is worth mentioning that the holy Kartik month begins a day after Kumar Purnima as per Hindu almanac every year. The rituals to perform Rai Damodara Besha of Lord Jagannath have already begun a day after Vijayadashami at Srimandir.
However, the temple will be shut for devotees as well as Habisyalis for the month in view of COVID-19 pandemic this year.
Even the devotees will be exempted to have glimpse of deities in Nagarjuna Besha, which will be held in November this year.