Here’s why you need to add ghee to your daily diet!
Bhubaneswar: Weight loss has become a major goal in pretty much everyone’s life. Along with intense workout routines, people opt for healthy diets over the rich ones and to achieve that, the first thing that goes off the kitchen shelf is the jar of ghee. But, what if that is the major mistake we have been making all this while!
According to the latest research, ghee is an essential element that helps reduce fat. Here are some points that will explain how:
- A compound of 99% fats and one percent moisture, ghee consists of fat-soluble vitamins like Vitamin- A, D, E and K2.
- It is a good source of omega-6 fatty acids and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid), the most preferred omega-3 fatty acid which help mobilize fat by shrinking the fat cells accumulated in the stubborn parts of the body.
- The Short Chain Fatty Acids (SCFA) in ghee, unlike the stubborn Long Chain Fatty Acids, help in digestion and the Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) shrinks fat cells.
- It removes toxins from the system and acts as a powerful antioxidant.
- It absorbs vitamins from food and converts fat to energy for the body to metabolize.
Nutritionists now, strongly recommend adding just one-two spoons of home-made ghee to the daily diet, especially to people who are working hard to shed some pounds from their body. Consuming more than that would build unwanted fat.
Apart from weight loss, ghee has various other benefits such as:
- It contains Vitamin K2 that helps in building bones more effectively than calcium.
- Butyric acid present in ghee nourishes the intestinal tract, fights inflammation and repairs the mucosal wall.
- It nourishes and lubricates the joints.
- DHA reduces the risk of certain conditions like cancer, heart attack, insulin resistance, arthritis and ADHD (attention deficit hyperactive disorder).
- Ghee helps cure PCOD.
- It nourishes nerve cells and keeps the person active all day long.
- It cures dried skin and chapped lips.
- It moisturizes hair and makes it healthy, shinny and frizz-free.
- It adds glow to the skin.
If you still hesitate over ghee, add its substitutes like walnut, fish oil and flaxseeds to your diet. They contain omega-3 fatty acids and thus, help in speeding the weight loss process.