The deadline for linking PAN and Aadhaar has been pushed back to June 30, 2023, giving taxpayers more time to comply without facing any consequences.
From 1st July, 2023, the PAN of taxpayers who have failed to intimate their Aadhaar, as required, shall become inoperative and the consequences during the period that PAN remains inoperative will be as follows:
- no refund shall be made against such PANs;
- interest shall not be payable on such refund for the period during which PAN remains inoperative; and
- TDS and TCS shall be deducted /collected at higher rate, as provided in the Act.
Here’s how to link your PAN with Aadhaar.
* Click the link https://eportal.incometax.gov.in/iec/foservices/#/pre-login/bl-link-aadhaar.
* Enter your PAN and Aadhaar Number in respective boxes.
* Click ‘Validate’.
Comments are closed.