HSRP affixation deadline extended by one month in Odisha till Dec 31
Bhubaneswar: The State Transport Authority (STA) today extended the deadline for affixation of High Security Registration Plate (HSRP) on vehicles having registration number ending with 1, 2, 3 and 4 by one month till December 31.
The Odisha Government today submitted an affidavit in this regard in the Orissa High Court. The Advocate General appearing for the State Government told the High Court that the HSRP slot booking capacity has been increased from 25,000 to 57,000 per day.
While the hearing in the case ended today, the High Court has allowed the petitioners to approach it if any other issue arises.
Deadline for affixing HSRP on vehicles having registration number ending with 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 0 remains unchanged.
Notably, the Government has made affixation of HSRP on vehicles mandatory in the state. The State Transport Authority (STA) said those who have applied for the number plate online before the concerned deadline will not be fined.
Such vehicle users need to produce online booking slip during the checking to avoid imposition of penalty.
Online booking for High Security Registration Plates (HSRP) of vehicles registered in Odisha can be done on the website of Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM)– www.siam.in.
How to book HSRP for vehicles on SIAM website:
- Visit www.siam.in
- Click ‘BOOK HSRP’ (Link: https://www.siam.in/hrspsubmit.aspx?mpgid=91&pgidtrail=91)
- Fill the required details and click ‘Submit’
- Select the company of your vehicle
- You will be redirected to a separate website, where you need to fill details like vehicle registration number, chassis number and engine number
- Select location and slot for affixation of HSRP
- Pay the fee online
- Download receipt