HSRP in Odisha: Deadline for affixing number plate to be extended by one month
Cuttack: The deadline for affixation of High Security Registration Plate (HSRP) on vehicles in Odisha will be extended by one month. The State Government apprised the Orissa High Court in this regard, today.
A notification in this regard will be issued by the State Government soon.
Post offices and Jan Seva Kendras will be used for booking slots for affixation of number plates.
The next hearing of the case will be held on October 26.
The High Court was hearing a petition filed by two bus owners who had moved the court alleging that the State Government set deadline without adequate infrastructure and facilities for HSRP.
The Government has made affixation of HSRP on vehicles mandatory in the state.
The State Transport Authority (STA) said those who have applied for the number plate online before the concerned last date will not be fined.
Such vehicle users need to produce online booking slip during the checking to avoid imposition of penalty.
Online booking for High Security Registration Plates (HSRP) of vehicles registered in Odisha can be done on the website of Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM)– www.siam.in.
How to book HSRP for vehicles on SIAM website:
- Visit www.siam.in
- Click ‘BOOK HSRP’ (Link: https://www.siam.in/hrspsubmit.aspx?mpgid=91&pgidtrail=91)
- Fill the required details and click ‘Submit’
- Select the company of your vehicle
- You will be redirected to a separate website, where you need to fill details like vehicle registration number, chassis number and engine number
- Select location and slot for affixation of HSRP
- Pay the fee online
- Download receipt