IDCOL DM Gaya Santara in Vigilance net: Over Rs 1 crore cash, 1.8 kg gold, plots, bank deposits of crores found
Bhubaneswar: Gaya Santara, Deputy Manager, Industrial Development Corporation of Odisha Limited (IDCOL) has been found in possession of assets worth crores during raids by the Vigilance.
Acting on allegation against him regarding possession of properties disproportionate to his known sources of income, the anti-corruption agency had yesterday carried out simultaneous house searches at multiple places in Bhubaneswar, Nayagarh, Koraput and Rayagada.
The following assets belonging to Santara have so far been traced by the Vigilance officials.
* Suspected ill-gotten cash of Rs 1.06 crore recovered during searches in Bhubaneswar.
* 1.83 kg gold and 6.75 kg silver unearthed from his residence in Bhubaneswar.
* Bank deposits of Rs 4.19 crore.
* Two multi-storeyed buildings in Bhubaneswar.
* 13 plots in prime locations of Bhubaneswar, Jajpur and Nayagarh.
* Two four-wheelers.
* Four two-wheelers.
Santara has been brought to Bhubaneswar from Sunki, Koraput and was being questioned in connection with the recovery.
Further searches were underway.