Bhubaneswar: Along with the country, Odisha is gearing up to celebrate the Republic Day on January 26 with patriotism.
While the State capital will witness the celebration on Mahatma Gandhi Road with the unfurling of the National Flag in the morning, the auspicious day will be celebrated in all the district headquarters.
According to a press release, Governor Ganeshi Lal will hoist the tricolour in Bhubaneswar and Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik will attend the Republic Day programme in Cuttack.
The ministers and district collectors of the State will also unfurl the National Flag at several places on the Republic Day.
Here’s the list of ministers assigned for attending the Republic Day at various districts on January 26.
1. Rural Development and Parliamentary Affairs Minister Bikram Keshari Arukh – Kandhamal
2. Planning & Convergence, Skill Development & T.E Minister Usha Devi – Mayurbhanj
3. School & Mass Education, Science & Tech Minister Badri Narayan Patra – Gajapati
4. Food Security & Consumer Welfare, Cooperation Minister Surjya Narayan Patro – Balasore
5. Housing & Urban Development, Water Resources Minister Niranjan Pujari – Nuapada
6. Women & Child Development & Mission Shakti, MSME Minister Prafulla Samal – Jajpur
7. Revenue & Disaster Management Minister Maheswar Mohanty – Dhenkanal
8. Finance, Excise, Agriculture Minister Shashi Bhusan Behera – Puri
9. Health & Family Welfare, Law Minister Pratap Jena – Kalahandi
10. ST&SC Development, Panchayatiraj Minister Ramesh Chandra Majhi – Angul
11. Steel & Mines, Energy Minister Prafulla Mallick – Sambalpur
12. Tourism, Odia language, Literature & Culture Minister Ashok Chandra Panda – Rayagada
13. Handlooms, Textiles & Handicrafts Minister Snehangini Chhuria – Sundergarh
14. Commerce & Transport Minister Nrusingha Charan Sahoo – Nabarangpur
15. Labour & ESI Minister Susanta Singh – Malkangiri
16. Higher Education Minister Ananta Das – Ganjam
17. Electronics & IT, Sports & Youth Services Minister Chandra Sarathi Behera – Koraput
Besides, the RDCs of Southern and Northern divisions will attend the Republic Day flag-hoisting programme in Berhampur and Rourkela respectively.
The tricolour will be unfurled in Bhadrak, Balangir, Bargarh, Boudh, Deogarh, Jagatsinghpur, Jharsuguda, Kendrapara, Khordha, Keonjhar, Nayagarh and Sonepur by the collectors of the concerned districts.