Bhubaneswar: After 42 COVID-19 positive cases were reported from a school and a college in Cuttack recently, a large number of students of Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar (XIMB) have tested positive for the virus.
Sources said around 20 students of the college have contracted the deadly virus.
Following detection of the cases, Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation (BMC) sealed the entire campus to contain further spread of virus.
The entire campus has been sealed until further orders with the following conditions:
- No one shall be allowed to move into or from outside the XIMB campus except authorized person of BMC.
- All the inhabitants within the campus if any shall strictly remain inside. The supply of Essentials and medical requirements if required will be ensured by BMC.
- All other Institutions located within the boundary of the campus is hereby closed forthwith.
- All the staffs and students of the institution shall have to undergo mandatory COVID-19 testing on 22-03-2021.
- The detected positive cases are to be kept in isolation in separate rooms of a single hostel and be observation by the Institute authority. The Institute will make necessary arrangement of food for the positive students in time by adhering to COVID norms. The students, staffs found positive in subsequent tests are to be kept in the same hostel under isolation.
- In case of any medical emergency institute authority to contact the BMC control Room (Mob: 7847873040) or the Zonal Deputy Commissioner ( Mob: 9777765371).
- Further specific instructions/orders will be issued as and when required by BMC.