Balangir: As many as 20 hostel inmates of a government-run ITI located at Larkipali in Odisha’s Balangir town fell ill after a dead lizard was found in cooked food, last night.
They were admitted to the Bhima Bhoi Medical College and Hospital here for treatment. Their condition was stated to be stable.
According to reports, the hostel boarders were having dinner when one of them spotted the lizard in dal. They informed the hostel authorities about the incident, following which the entire cooked dal was disposed of.
However, many hostel inmates had already consumed the food by then. Later, they complained of stomachache and vomiting. As their condition deteriorated, they were taken to the hospital this morning.
A probe will be carried out into the matter and necessary action will be taken against the cooks, said hostel in-charge Bidhubhusan.