Bhubaneswar: Amidst uncertainties over restoration of normalcy, Odisha government has issued a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for distribution of textbooks among students of various schools across the state.
While the distribution process is allowed in the Green and Orange zones, containment zones have been barred from the facility as per the Government’s COVID-19 preventive measures.
The guidelines were issued after the state government was informed that some schools were facing inconvenience in carrying out the distribution drive as parents and guardians of students expressed hesitation in coming up to collect the books from schools due to COVID-19 fear.
The SOP is directly addressed to authorities of all schools as well as parents of the students. It briefed the school authorities about all the necessary steps they should take for distribution of books ensuring adherence to all the protocols introduced by the Health and Family Welfare Department.
” The school authorities have to schedule their process of distribution of text books days wise ( no of parents /guardians to be distributed with text books) so that they can complete the work by observing the above stated guidelines. Parents/ gardians should be given prior intimation of the
distribution schedule through WhatsApp/ phone message, so that there is no unnecessary crowding at the textbook distribution centres,” the SOP issued by the School and Mass Education Department reads.
Here are the other instruction:
1.Parent /Guardians should come to the school to receive text books wearing masks.
2. The school authorities should ensure adequate sitting/ waiting space for the preferably parents / guardians with 15 persons at counters and 15 persons in the waiting lobby within an hour of time to maintain social distancing.
3. Before entiring in the school premises, parents and guardians should disinfect their hands with hand sanitizer or soap and water that will be provided to them at the entrance point of the schools.
4. Adequate drinking water arrangements should be made in view of the prevailing heat conditions.
5. At least 5 counters for distribution of text books should be arranged in the schools.
6. The school staffs engaged in the counters for distribution of text books should also wear mask or cloth and gloves and maintain social distancing norms.
7. All the parents and guardians should immediately vacate the premises of school after receiving the books.
8. The distribution of books can immediately be taken up in schools located in Green Zones and Orange Zones following precautionary measures of social distancing, use of mask and hand hygiene .
9. Distribution of text books in Red Zone can also be taken up following precautionary measures of social distancing/ use of mask and hand hygiene as prescribed by Health and Family Welfare Department .
10. Distribution of Text Books is NOT ALLOWED in Containment zones under any circumstances. It can be taken up after the zone comes out of Containment category.
11. Deviance in compliance to this SOP may lead to stern action against the concerned School Authorities as per Disaster Management Act/Rules.