Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, the Father of the Nation and leader of the nationalist movement against the British rule in India, was born on October 2, 1869 in Porbandar, Gujarat. The day is celebrated as Gandhi Jayanti and is one of the three national holidays of India.
Here are some quotes of Mahatma Gandhi and wishes for sharing on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti.
Mahatma Gandhi Quotes
- “Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”
- “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
- “An eye for an eye will only make the whole world blind.”
- “Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.”
- “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it–always.”
- “Where there is love there is life.”
- “Prayer is not asking. It is a longing of the soul. It is daily admission of one’s weakness. It is better in prayer to have a heart without words than words without a heart.”
- “Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.”
- “Nobody can hurt me without my permission.”
- “God has no religion.”
- “Hate the sin, love the sinner.”
- “I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.”
- “You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is like an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.”
- “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.”
- “The future depends on what you do today.”
- “A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes.”
- “To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer.”
- “Each night, when I go to sleep, I die. And the next morning, when I wake up, I am reborn.”
- “Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it.”
Gandhi Jayanti Wishes
- As an ode to Bapu, may we all have the strength to be the change we want to see in the world. Happy Gandhi Jayanti.
- May we all have the courage to live up to Bapu’s ideals of universal brotherhood. Happy Gandhi Jayanti.
- May the spirit of truth and non-violence be with us in this Gandhi Jayanti.
- Let us pay homage to the Mahatma by living a life of peace, kindness and truth. Happy Gandhi Jayanti.
- May the spirit of truth and non-violence continue to triumph this Gandhi Jayanti.
- Warm wishes on Gandhi Jayanti to you…. Let us remember and salute the man who led us on the path to get independence and always inspired us as a nation.
- Gandhi always taught us to win over our anger and to follow non-violence for a better tomorrow for our nation…. Happy Gandhi Jayanti.
- On the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti, let us take inspiration from Mahatma Gandhi to learn from the mistakes of our past and work for a better future.
- Let us celebrate the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti by remembering Mahatma Gandhi and by following the path he showed us.
- Together we must stand to empower our country in whichever way we can. Warm greetings on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti.