Mamita Meher was strangled to death by Govind Sahu in car: Report

Bhubaneswar: In yet another revelation in the sensational Mamita Meher murder case, prime accused Govind Sahu had strangled her to death inside his car, a report said.

Sahu has confessed during questioning by police that he killed the woman and buried her body. Sahu and Mamita went to Bhawanipatna in his car on October 8. While returning, Sahu murdered Mamita inside the vehicle. As the woman desperately tried to save herself and escape, the back seat of the car got torn, the report said.

Police had on October 14 seized the car, from which an anklet and a petrol jar were recovered. Later on October 19 when the body of Mamita was exhumed from an under-construction stadium site of Sunshine English Medium School at Mahaling in Kalahandi district, an anklet, a chain and a bag was recovered from the spot.

The report further said Mamita had two objectionable videos of Sahu, for which he decided to eliminate her to evade further trouble for him.

Family members of the deceased had earlier alleged that Sahu was involved in sexually harassing the female employees of the school. Mamita had warned Sahu of exposing him and bringing his illicit affairs to fore, they said.

On October 7, Sahu had directed an excavator operator to dig a pit at the stadium construction site. After the death of Mamita, the body was set on fire with the use of petrol and it was buried in the pit. Salt was also put on the body for quick decomposition, the report said.

The excavator operator was on October 9 asked by Sahu to cover the pit with soil. Multiple persons were involved in the killing of Mamita and it was a pre-planned murder, the report added.

Sahu was yesterday apprehended by the Balangir Police. He was nabbed from his younger sister’s house at Budhipadar village under Bangamunda block in Balangir district.

Mamita’s body was yesterday exhumed from the site in the presence of police.

She went missing on October 8. Alleging involvement of Govind Sahu, managing committee president of the school, behind her missing, Mamita’s family members had lodged a complaint with police. On the basis of the FIR, police detained Sahu for questioning. He was kept at the Titlagarh police barrack.

However, Sahu escaped from police custody on October 17 night. Sahu went to the bathroom on the pretext of washing his hands and then fled the place.

Also Read

Comments are closed.