Bengaluru/Bhubaneswar: Leading a Government of Odisha delegation, Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik today reached Bengaluru to participate in an investors’ meet.
The Government of Odisha, in collaboration with the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI), is organising the Odisha Investors’ Meet in Bengaluru tomorrow.
Over 500 industrialists, business persons and investors across sectors are expected to attend the Odisha Investors’ Meet in the evening at Hotel Taj West End. The Chief Minister will address the investors and apprise everyone present about the state’s flagship investment summit, the Make in Odisha Conclave’22 and invite them to the event.
The key members of the delegation include Pratap Keshari Deb, Minister – Industries, MSME & Energy, Government of Odisha, Hemant Sharma (IAS), Principal Secretary, Industries Department, Skill Development & Technical Education and Chairman-IDCO and Chairman-IPICOL, Government of Odisha, Manoj Kumar Mishra, Secretary, E&IT Department and Omkar Rai, Executive Chairman, Start-Up Odisha among others.
The idea behind organising this is to showcase the diverse business-friendly ecosystem of Odisha to the potential investors and help them to form an informed decision to invest in Odisha to meet the ever-growing demands in Eastern and North-Eastern India as well as the ASEAN markets.
Multiple one-on-one meetings with potential investors across sectors were held today like food-processing, aerospace and defence, healthcare to discuss the possibilities of investing in Odisha and to cater to the ever-growing need of newer products and services in Eastern and North-East India.
Investors were assured of best-in-class investment facilitation in Odisha. Major business-centric reforms taken up by the Government were highlighted to the interested participants to create a pro-business environment and industrial ecosystem to further speed up the rapid industrial growth of the state.
Among many noted participants in the Government-to-Business (G2B) meetings held today, Azim Premji, businessman, philanthropist and former Chairman, Wipro Limited took out time from his busy schedule to meet the Chief Minister. Some of the other major investors who had one-on-one G2B meetings with the delegation include:
- Syed Fahad, Founder & Managing Director of Golden Hatcheries Ltd
- Varun Chawla and Pranay Gupta, Co-Founders of 91 Springboard
- AMS Reddy, Director of Dodla Dairy Ltd
- HN Ramakrishnaiah, Managing Director of Nandi Powertronics Pvt Ltd
- Amarendra Sahu, Managing Director of Nestaway
- Jaby Joseph Androth, Director and CFO of Merlinhawk Aerospace Ltd
- Nanda Venkata Rao, Founder and Managing Director of MVM Industries Ltd
- N Prashanth Rao, Managing Director of Sharvani Energy Pvt Ltd
The Chief Minister Patnaik will meet the senior industrialists on September 28, 2022 to discuss their plans for Odisha and personally invite them to the Make in Odisha Conclave’22. Odisha, with its long coastline and developed ports in Dhamra, Paradip and Gopalpur, acts as a Gateway to the East and South East Asia.
CM Patnaik’s government has undertaken massive infrastructure development work to create a port-led industrial ecosystem in the State catering to both domestic and export markets.
The Chief Minister is expected to highlight major pro-business reforms undertaken by his Government and ask the industrialists to explore Odisha as a potential destination for setting up business units.
Some of the major investors across sectors including e-commerce and IT space are scheduled to have one-on-one G2B meetings with the Chief Minister of Odisha. These include:
- Amit Sharma, Managing Partner of IBM India Pvt Ltd
- Shravan Subramanyam, MD and CEO of Wipro-GE Healthcare Pvt Ltd
- TK Sridhar, CFO of ABB Ltd
- Saranyan P, CFO of TTK Prestige Ltd
- Gautam Sharma, MD and CEO of Indo Nissin Foods Pvt Ltd
- VS Ganesh, CEO of Page Industries Ltd
- Venkataraman N, CFO of Happiest Minds
- BN Monappa, Founder and MD of Cotton World
- Arun Chittapalli, MD of Wonderla
- Vishal Sehgal, CMD of Indian Stiches Pvt Ltd