Cuttack: The Cuttack Municipal Corporation (CMC) has declared the Jawaharlal Neheru Indoor Stadium as the COVID-19 vaccination center for beneficiaries due for the second dose of the Covishield vaccine.
The stadium has been declared as the vaccination centre for smooth management of the immunization drive in CMC area and greater benefit of the public, said the urban local body in an official statement.
Vaccination of the second dose at the centre will begin from May 10.
The following arrangements have been made for smooth management of the drive:
- CMC Joint Commissioner Sumita Sarkar will be In-Charge of session site
- CMC Deputy Commissioner Latashree Bag will ensure all logistics (IEC, drinking facility and token) and also do necessary coordination with all line departments. She will also depute two DEOs and one MIS Official to support in data management.
- CMC Deputy Commissioner Sanjibeeta Ray will ensure deployment of volunteers for crowd management inside the premises.
- The Mobile Health Team under NUHM is attached to the session site for management of anaphylaxis and other complication resulting from vaccination during observation
- Eight vaccinators and two DEOs will be positioned at the session site by O/O CDM & PHO. Cuttack.
- Vaccination will start from 9 AM everyday.
- City Health Officer will be in-charge for supply of bins, biomedical bags and disinfection of the premises.
- Vaccine and logistic for vaccination are to be ensured by DVLM.
- CPMU will arrange sound system for announcement of COVID appropriate behaviour and any necessary message.
- A verifier will also be engaged at the session site.