Night curfew imposed in one more Odisha district amid COVID surge
Nabarangpur: Night curfew will be imposed in Odisha’s Nabarangpur district from March 25 until further orders in a bid to prevent the spread of COVID-19 virus.
The district administration has decided to impose the night curfew from 8 pm to 6 am. Movement of individuals will be strictly prohibited during the night curfew, except for emergency purposes.
The following restrictions will be imposed during the night curfew:
* No gathering of more than five persons will be allowed at any public or private places except gathering inside house or house premises.
* Non-essential gatherings and assemblies such as seminars, workshops, and conferences are to be cancelled.
* Social gatherings and assemblies like religious functions, marriage receptions, parties etc. shall not be conducted.
* No wedding processions/opera shows shall be organized.
* No political rally/gathering for agitation should be conducted.
* Kalyan Mandaps shall not be permitted for functions.
Anybody with signs and symptoms like cough, fever or difficulty in breathing should call the district helpline no. 06858-222459 or mobile no. 9439988787, 9439988468 or District COVID Control Room no. 06858-222434.
Earlier, night curfew was imposed in Malkangiri district from March 23 (from 9 pm to 6 am).