Night Curfew in Odisha: Here’s the list of exempted services
Bhubaneswar: As per the state Government’s order, night curfew will be imposed in urban areas of all the districts in the state today .
The night curfew timing in urban areas of 10 districts bordering Chhattisgarh- Sundargarh, Jharsuguda, Sambalpur, Bargarh, Balangir, Nuapada, Kalahandi, Nabarangpur, Koraput and Malkangiri-is 6 PM to 5 AM, and in rural areas of the districts the timing has remain unchanged (10 PM-5 AM).
In urban areas of 20 other districts including Bhubaneswar and Cuttack, night curfew will be enforced from 9 PM to 5 AM.
However, the following services will be exempted from the restrictions:
- District and Municipal Administration/ Police/ Government Officials on duty
- Doctors, Medical/ Paramedical Staff (both Govt & Private)
- All Emergency Services and Utilities such as Electricity, Telecom, Water Supply and Sanitation and Sewerage Services and movement of vehicles and staff
- Staff of IT & ITES Companies on production their ID cards
- Any person, in case of medical or other emergency
- Owner/ staff of chemist shops
- All industrial units
- All construction activities
- Movement of public transport, private vehicles and taxis (including cabs by aggregators like Ola, Uber, etc.) to and from airports, railway station and bus terminals/ stands/ stops, for facilitating movement of passengers by air, rail and road
- Operation of hotels and hospitality units, including their associated offices, movement of staff and associated personnel
- Dhabas along National and State Highways/ Major roads for takeaway only
- Petrol pumps and CNG Stations
- Print and Electronic Media identified by Commissionerate/ District Police
View this post on Instagram