Cuttack: In a bid to improve facility for getting driving license (DL) in Odisha, the State Government has made the provision of submitting medical certificate online.
With the move, a person applying for issuance of driving license or renewal of DL can submit the medical certificate online rather than doing it manually.
“It has been decided to accept medical certificate in form 1 (A) electronically under the 5T policy of the Government of Odisha to improve the ease of getting driving license and to have better user experience and to reduce footfall in RTO offices,” the State Transport Authority (STA) said in a release today.
Necessary facility has been provided on Sarathi portal where doctors can use Medical Certificate directly.
The doctors will be provided with ID and password to issue medical certificate through the portal. They will have to upload the applicant’s certificate on Sarathi portal.
“This will ensure no one can upload a fake medical certificate to get a driving license. In order to make whole system transparent, the portal is launched where in license applicant can directly get medical certificate without hassle,” the release stated.
However, the process will be optional for the applicants. One can submit the medical certificate online as well as offline.
Here’re the steps to submit the medical certificate online:
1. Download the Doctor Registration form from www.odishatransport.gov.in
2. Submit the duly filled form along with the required document at the RTO
3. Create the Medical Officer Login user ID using RTO Admin user
4. Activation of user account by using login ID and Activation code sent to the registered mobile no of the Medical Officer
5. Activate user account
6. Document to be uploaded by Medical Officer (MCI/MCR certificate, Photo, ID Proof)
It is mandatory for any person above 40 years of age who wishes to get a driving license or those going for driving license renewal to produce a medical certificate under the form 1 (A) as per Motor Vehicle Act.