Bhubaneswar: The Board of Secondary Education (BSE), Odisha has conducted all examinations of Class IX (HSC and Madhyama) as per the new scheme of Assessment as approved by the State government and has published the results on May 17, 2022.
There board in a letter to the District Education Officers (DEOs) highlighted certain vital points regarding results of Class- IX.
1. All students who have appeared and awarded with a grade shall be promoted to Class X. However, 30,138 number of candidates in Grade F (II) have to improve upon their performance after appearing in Improvement Tests to be conducted by the concerned schools.
2. The candidates having Grade F (I) have been declared passed on “consideration” because they fulfil some minimum criteria as regards to aggregate & individual subject marks.
3. F (II) candidates will be given three chances to acquire qualifying marks (30%) in each subject marks.
4. Schools will provide remedial teachings to these candidates till 31/05/2022 and conduct Improvement tests on following dates.
1st Improvement Test :- 01/06/2022
2nd Improvement Test :- 08/06/2022
3’d Improvement Test :- 16/O6/2022
5. Candidates not qualifying at first Improvement test shall appear 2nd Improvement Test after being given remedial teachings in between, for seven days and so on for 2nd & 3rd improvement tests.
6. Schools will prepare questions out of 20 marks and test will be of 40 minutes duration.
7. All the District Education officers are requested to furnish a detailed report on the absent candidates in respect of their district as to why they could not appear at the class- IX examination, though they had been enrolled by their respective Head Master. The report must be submitted by 31 st May, 2022.