Odisha Assembly goes paperless, Budget to be tabled online

Bhubaneswar:  In a step to go paperless, Odisha Assembly session will operate on digital mode for the first time ever, Speaker Surjya Narayan Patro informed this today.

Members of the House will attend the Assembly Session from their respective houses through video conferencing. They will put forth their questions online while the concerned MLA will submit his/her reply the same way through National E-Vidhan Application’ (NeVA) mobile application.

All business of the House will operate through the mobile app. The upcoming budget will also be tabled online, he added.

The Speaker had earlier informed that upgradation of Odisha Assembly to e-Vidhan Sabha will be made at  a cost of Rs 8.56 crore, for which Centre will bear 60% of total amount while the remaining 40% will be allocated by the state Government.

Odisha Computer Application Centre (OCAC) will provide training to Assembly staff in ranks of ASO, SO, Desk Officer, Under Secretary, Deputy Secretary and Secretary about a software ‘Odisha Secretariat Workflow Automation System’ for operation of office files online, Patro had said.

Also Read

Comments are closed.

close-link