Odisha Assembly to go paperless; staff to get training from today

Bhubaneswar: As the Odisha Assembly is set to go paperless, the employees of the office will be provided training for online file management from today.

The Odisha Computer Application Centre (OCAC) will provide training to the Assembly staff in ranks of ASO, SO, Desk Officer, Under Secretary, Deputy Secretary and Secretary about a software ‘Odisha Secretariat Workflow Automation System’ for operation of office files online.

Also, the Speaker and Deputy Speaker of Odisha Assembly will undergo training for online file management.

Source said that the staff in all branches of the office will work on computers. Already, the members of Assembly have been provided iPads to get starred and unstarred question answers through an application ‘National E-Vidhan Application’ (NeVA).

The upgradation of Odisha Assembly to e-Vidhan Sabha will be made at cost of Rs 8.56 crore for which Centre will bear 60% of total amount and the remaining 40% will be allocated by the State Government.

Recently, Odisha Speaker Surjya Narayan Patro had said that the State Assembly will be upgraded to e-Vidhan Sabha after the winter session.

The decision has been taken following the model of the e-Vidhan Sabha of Himachal Pradesh legislative assembly.

Under e-Vidhan Sabha concept, there will not be any hard file and the government will be able to save lakhs of rupees and paper if everything will be done online.

Though this process not only the trees will be saved but also business of Assembly will be done very fast. As no paper will be required for file management it will save time and cost.

 

 

Also Read

Comments are closed.

close-link