Bhubaneswar: Odisha is the best performing state in the country with highest people satisfaction in combating COVID-19, a survey revealed today.
According to a survey by Jan Ki Baat, a digital media platform, on “Coronavirus Lockdown Extension- Decoding the State of the Nation”, Odisha Government has received the highest people satisfaction rating of 85% in the country.
The survey stated that Odisha is the first state to enforce a strict lockdown which is perceived as extremely positive and it reflects in the Survey’s findings that how people of Odisha are highly satisfied with the good work undertaken by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik in battle against COVID-19.
Followings are the findings on Odisha’s performance to tackle the deadly virus in the country:
1. The Odisha Government has been undertaking proactive steps in combating COVID 19.
2. It was the first state in the country to go for a lockdown of about 40% of Odisha from 22nd March, 2020 for one week till 29th March, 2020 in order to flatten the curve of the Corona pandemic and also increased testing.
3. Odisha is also the first state to extend the lockdown till 30th April, 2020 while the Centre and other states were contemplating.
4. It is also the first state to make usage of masks compulsory and also the first state to launch 1000-bedded stand-alone COVID Hospitals which will increase to more than 6000-bedded facility and many more COVID exclusive Hospitals by end of April, 2020.
5. From being the first mover in ensuring a high percentage of patient recoveries as compared to confirmed COVID patients, it recorded an impressive recovery rate of about one-fourth of the total COVID patients recovered, totaling 10 recoveries in only one day.
6. It is also the only State who made it mandatory for all foreign returnees to register and be in home quarantine with an incentive of Rs 15000 per person who registered.
7. Odisha is also the first and only state to give 4 months advance salary to all healthcare staff.
8. Its also only State who provided 4 month’s advance pension to old and physically challenges, 4 months scholarships to students in advance and 3 month’s rice through PDS in advance.
Headed by Pradeep Bhandari, Founder, CEO, Editor & Chief of Jan Ki Baat, the survey was held from April 6 to 10, 2020 and conducted via Phone interviews by its verified citizen reporters present across the country.
The survey has praised Odisha government for taking effective measures to curb COVID-19. Meanwhile, it criticised the government of West Bengal, which has worst satisfaction rating of 38%.
While Odisha has seen a strict lockdown, Bengal has seen a weakly enforced lockdown, the survey report stated.