Odisha: Classes for school students to be livestreamed on YouTube
Bhubaneswar: In a significant decision amid closure of schools due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Odisha School Education Programme Authority (OSEPA) has decided to livestream online classes for school students of different classes on YouTube from June 21.
“It has been decided to conduct YouTube live classes for students of different classes in a routine manner from 21.06.2021. In this regard, you are requested to arrange two classrooms preferably in COE Schools/ Transformation High Schools or schools located near to District Headquarters with the following features by 17.06.2021 for smooth functioning of the YouTube Live Streaming Virtual Classes and trial run in advance,” wrote Bhupendra Singh Poonia, State Project Director, OSEPA in a letter to the District Education Officers (DEOs) of Khordha, Balangir, Cuttack, Kendrapara, Ganjam, Koraput Puri, Dhenkanal, Sundargarh, Nayagarh, Bhadrak, Balasore and Sambalpur.
Below are the features mentioned by the official in the letter.
* An average size classroom with walls painted white with low cost sound proofing.
* Sufficient light in the room with special lights or halogen for video recording.
* Room having AC or at least ceiling fans.
* A white board (preferably of size 5×4 ft) with marker pens and stand for whiteboard.
* A flex banner of 6×4 ft size with uniform print matter.
* A desktop /laptop with at least 4 GB ram, i5 processor, more than 2 USB ports.
* Two cameras, either camcorder video camera or webcam of high resolution with autofocus/zoom.
* HDMI Capture Card/ HDMI USB adapter.
* A wireless lapel microphone.
* Stand (tripod or other) for camera.