Bhubaneswar: Bijaya Kumar Parida, the Divisional Forest Officer (DFO) of Rayagada territorial division, was arrested by the Odisha Vigilance today for amassing assets disproportionate to his known sources of income.
The arrested DFO was produced in the court of Special Vigilance Judge in the capital city here, sources said.
The DFO possessed disproportionate assets (DA) to the tune of 206 per cent of his known sources of income, said a Vigilance official.
The Vigilance Police Station in Bhubaneswar registered a case against the DFO and his spouse under Section 13 (2) and 13 (1) (b)/12 of the Prevention of Corruption Act-2018, added the official.
During house searches, the Vigilance sleuths have unearthed movable and immovable assets worth crores from the possession of the DFO and his family members. The assets include:
- A G+3 storied building (under construction) at Srikoruan in Cuttack with plinth area of 9,500 square feet worth around Rs 1.8 crore.
- A three storied building at Palasuni in Bhubaneswar with plinth area of 5,100 square feet.
- A flat at Ashirbad Plaza in Patia area of Bhubaneswar.
- As many as 17 plots at prime locations in Bhubaneswar, Puri, Cuttack and Jajpur.
- Rs 1,24,600 in cash.
- Gold jewellery weighing around 650 gms.
- A four-wheeler, two two-wheelers and household articles worth over Rs 17.87 lakh.