Cuttack: Odisha Vigilance today arrested engineer Samir Kumar Thakur on charges of possessing assets disproportionate to his known sources of income.
Samir Kumar Thakur, posted as Deputy Executive Engineer in Bhawanipatna Municipality in Kalahandi district, was forwarded to the Vigilance Special Judge Court in Bhawanipatna following his arrest. He was sent to judicial custody till January 9, 2023.
Thakur was arrested after raid at his house today.
According to reports, a team of Vigilance sleuths conducted raid at his house and unearthed movable and immovable assets in the name of Deputy Executive Engineer and his family members.
After thorough search, inventory and further enquiry, the income, expenditure and assets of Samir Kumar Thakur, Deputy Executive Engineer, Bhawanipatna Municipality, Dist-Kalahandi were calculated and he was found in possession of disproportionate assets which is 218% higher than his known sources of income, Odisha Vigilance Directorate said in a release today.
The properties and valuables include:
1. One triple storeyed building constructed over a plinth area of about 7033 Sqft. at Mahavirpada, Bhawanipatna worth approx Rs.1 Crore.
2. One double storeyed building constructed over a plinth area of about 2500 Sqft. at Irrigation Colony, Bhawanipatna worth approx Rs.60 lakh.
3. 3 plots in and around Bhawanipatna.
4. Cash Rs.49,163/-.
5. Bank, Postal & Insurance deposits and Investment in Mutual Funds worth over Rs.52.56 lakh.
6. 1 four wheeler (Hyundai i-20) worth over Rs.8.57 lakh.
7. Gold jewellery approx 250 Gms. and silver ornaments 930 Gms worth over Rs.8.71 lakh.
8. Household articles worth over Rs.11.73 lakh.