Bhubaneswar: The Odisha Government today formed a state-level task force under the chairmanship of Dr. Sandeep Tripathi, IFS (Former PCCF & HoFF) in connection with the wildfire raging in several forests across the state.
Below are the terms of reference of the task force:
* Review of ongoing forest fire incidence, causes and immediate containment.
* Suggest measures for augmentation of existing Fire Management Protocols including Geomatics based Fire Alert System.
* Recommend suggestions for improved community participation in Fire Management and Prevention.
* To conduct Post Assessment of Forest Fire affected area, loss to wildlife, biodiversity and suggest appropriate measures for augmentation.
* Give suggestions for improvement of SOP for Fire Prevention and Management in State to prevent and restrain such occurrences.
ODRAF teams will be engaged to douse the fire that broke out in different forests of the State, informed the Task Force’s Chairman Sandeep Tripathi today.
Worth mentioning, forest fore has been raging in world-renowned Similipal, Kuladiha sanctuary and Boudh Forest Division since past many days.