Odisha: Garments worth Rs 20 lakh gutted in Angul shop fire [watch video]

Bhubaneswar: Garments worth Rs 20 lakh reportedly gutted when fire broke out at a shop at Angul town in Odisha today.

Two two-whleers were also destroyed by the massive inferno, sources said.

Fire broke out at garments shop ‘Mangalam’ at Shankar Cinema Road of Angul town due to a short-circuit at around 6 pm in the evening, said a local.

“There were around 10 customers inside the shop during the incident. The shop did not have fire extinguishers. The entire shop was engulfed by the inferno within a few minutes. The customers and employees of the shop managed to come out of the shop without any injuries. However, two bikes parked in front of the shop caught fire,” he added.

On being informed, Fire Brigade personnel with three fire engines reached the spot and doused the flames.

“The garment shop did not have fire safety measures. As per preliminary assessment, garments worth around Rs 20 lakh were destroyed in the showroom fire,” said Sukanta Nath, a Fire Brigade official.


Also Read

Comments are closed.