Bhubaneswar: The Odisha government today asked District Administrations and Municipal Corporations to complete the selection of session sites for vaccination of Health Care Workers against Covid-19 by January 8, 2021.
In a letter to District Collectors and Municipal Commissioners, Additional Chief Secretary of Health and Family Welfare PK Mohapatra the session sites must have adequate facility for waiting room, vaccination room and observation room.
The session site for the Health Care Workers will be identified in health Institutions i.e. PHC and above.
Here’re the detailed directives for setting up of the session sites:
• In each block / Urban unit, session sites must be identified with adequate facility for waiting room, vaccination room & observation room. Preferably, one session site at CHC Head Quarter & other at PHC with ILR facility. Similarly, session site at SDH / DHH /Medical Colleges /Big Private Hospital shall be identified.
• The block / urban Task Force Members shall conduct assessment of each sites well before and submit the same to district after finalization.
• The five member team including vaccinator must be identified for each session site and they should be oriented on their role & responsibilities. Also, one Supervisor per three session sites shall be identified for effective monitoring. . One trained Medical Officer shall be entrusted at the session site for AEFI Management.
• All logistic arrangements like sitting arrangement, immunization logistics, Anaphylaxis kit / AEFI kit, signage, toilet & handing washing, drinking water facility etc. for conducting session shall be kept in readiness. The physical inspection of all session sites must be conducted by block Task Force Committee members and 20% by the district Task Force Committee members. The assessment check list of the COVID 19 Operational Guideline shall be filled up for each session site and session site planning & management shall be followed meticulously for session site planning.
• After finalization & approval of session sites by the blocks / urban Task Force, it should be submitted to district for final approval by the District / City Task Force.
If any of the session site or vaccinator is not uploaded in the Co-WIN portal previously, the same must be created / uploaded in the portal immediately by DDM, DVLM & ICA. They shall work in a team under guidance of ADPHO (FW) / ADUPHO for timely uploading, creating and scheduling the sessions & other activities as required.
• The session allocation / scheduling process must be completed within 2 days after receiving date of vaccination from State.
• The printed / soft copy of session – cum-beneficiary list shall be shared with the concerned facility for printing of three copies after session scheduling.
• 24 X 7 Control room shall be functionalized at district & block level for addressing different issues. Details of Control Room shall be shared with the State urgently.