Bhubaneswar: In view of large number of COVID-19 cases in Odisha, the State Government has approved to appoint unemployed trained and registered ANMs for proposed Covid Care Homes in pachayats.
As per office order issued by State Health & Family Welfare Department, as many as 7,000 trained manpower will be engaged temporarily for Covid Care Homes covering 6798 Gram Panchayats of the State.
The base level health activity in these Covid Care Homes will be managed by unemployed trained and registered ANMs.
As per the decision, at least one unemployed ANM will be employed per each proposed Covid Care Home in each panchayat.
In case of unavailability of manpower at this category, unemployed registered staff nurses or pharmacists can be preferred to be engaged in place of ANMs.
The engagement will be made on the following terms and conditions:
1. The engagement is purely temporary for a period of 3 months only or till Covid Care Homes are functional.
2. The engagement is terminable at any period of time without assigning any reason thereof. The engagement does not confer any right on the engagee for any future engagement or regularization of such appointment.
3. Their engagement shall be done by respective CDMO and PHO through walk-in-interview in a transparent manner with proper advertisement, depending on the number of Covid Care Homes in their respective district.
4. The remuneration shall be Rs 850 per day.
5. In case of non-availability of ANMs, the trained staff nurses or pharmacists may be engaged alternatively with daily remuneration of Rs 1,000.
6. The ANMs will be engaged as per number of Covid Care Homes to be opened in the respective district.