Bhubaneswar: Odisha Vigilance officials today unearthed assets worth crores of rupees including 59 plots possessed by Gram Rojgar Sevak (GRS) Babuli Charan Padhihari, whose monthly salary is Rs 8,500.
Acting on allegation of possession of assets disproportionate to his known sources of income, officers of the anti-corruption agency today raided several places belonging to the GRS of Injana Gram Panchayat (formerly Kalarahanga), Bhubaneswar.
So far, the following movable and immovable assets worth crores have been traced by the Vigilance:
* One triple storeyed building near Mausima temple, Raghunathpur, Bhubaneswar worth over Rs 1.24 crore.
* House at Dadha, Bhubaneswar purchased this year worth Rs 32 lakh. Detailed valuation is being carried out by Vigilance Technical Wing.
* 2BHK flat in Asirbad Plaza apartment, Kalarahanga, Bhubaneswar worth Rs 14 lakh. Detailed valuation is being carried out by Vigilance Technical Wing.
* Single storeyed building at Raghunathpur, Bhubaneswar worth Rs 14.18 lakh. Detailed valuation is being carried out by Vigilance Technical Wing.
* 59 plots worth crores including 58 plots in prime areas of Bhubaneswar and one plot at Belgachia, Barang, Cuttack. The measurement and valuation/ assessment of the plots is being carried out by Vigilance Technical Wing.
* A four-wheeler worth Rs 4.98 lakh.
* A two-wheeler.
* Cash, bank deposits, gold and silver ornaments, household articles worth over Rs 8.85 lakh.
Worth mentioning, Padhihari was appointed as GRS in 2008. He is being questioned by the Vigilance regarding the sources of the income.
Unearthing of more assets is likely, said Vigilance.