Bhubaneswar: The Odisha government has modified the guidelines for KALIA scholarship scheme to accommodate more number of students in it.
The state government had introduced the scholarship scheme in 2021-22 fiscal to provide financial assistance to the children of KALIA beneficiaries for undertaking professional/technical education in the government-run institutions in Odisha.
As many as 1,789 students have already been provided assistance under the scheme.
As per the modifications, the state government will provide scholarship to those who are undertaking professional/technical courses like Engineering, Medical, Agriculture & Allied, Nursing, Diploma and different trades in ITI in government / private institutions(having AISHE code) and in premier institutions like IIT,NIT,AIIMS,IIM and ICAR.
The modifications in the guidelines of KALIA Scholarship scheme were made with due approval of Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, said an official.
The modified KALIA Scholarship guidelines are as follows:
- In addition to government institutions, students undertaking technical/professional courses in private institutes inside the state having AISHE code (All India Survey on Higher Education) are covered under KALIA Scholarship.
- Students taking admission under technical/professional courses in premier institutes (both inside and outside Odisha) like NIT, IIT, IIM, AIIMS, ICAR, IARI, IISER, NISER, IVRI, CIFE and NDRI are included under KALIA Scholarship.
- In addition to the existing courses, PG and PhD courses (Professional / Technical) are included under the scheme. It shall be maximum of 2 years for PG and 4 years for PhD courses. The PhD courses must be related to the eligible post-graduation courses only in government institutions inside the state.
- Professional courses like BBA, BCA, MBA and MCA are also added to the present approved courses.
- The course fees shall be as per actual for the students taking admission in government institutions.
- The scholarship amount for the students studying in private institutes and premier institutes shall be released as per the approved rate.
- No private institution outside the state shall be allowed to participate in KALIA scholarship.
- KALIA Scholarship portal (https://scholarship.odisha.gov.in) for online application shall remain open for students twice in a year i.e. 1st time during the month of July/August and 2nd time during November/December.
KALIA Scholarship shall be extended to maximum number of students from the families of small & marginal farmers (SF/MF) and landless agricultural labourers, added the official.