Odisha: Man dies, 2 kids among 3 critical after eating poisonous mushroom

Sambalpur: An elderly person died while four others fell critically ill after eating poisonous mushroom at Hiraloi village under Kisinda police limits in Sambalpur district today.

Reportedly, 70-year-old Ramesh Lugun had gone to a forest to graze his goats yesterday and brought mushroom while returning. After the mushroom was cooked, Ramesh’s family offered some to a neighbouring house.

After eating the mushroom, Ramesh and his wife Anjali and two kids of the neighbouring house- Aman (9) and Siman (7) complained of diarrhea and fever.

Locals immediately admitted all of them to a hospital in Kisinda and later shifted them to the district headquarters hospital (DHH) here. While Ramesh died  undergoing treatment, his wife was again shifted to Burla hospital. Mother of the two kids Bartia Barla (30) has also been kept under observation since she was feeling unwell.

Meanwhile, police reached the spot and began an inquiry.

 

Also Read

Comments are closed.

close-link