Odisha: Man electrocuted while ‘stealing’ AC at Cuttack Sishu Bhawan

Bhubaneswar: A man reportedly got electrocuted while trying to steal an air conditioner (AC) from Sishu Bhawan in Odisha’s Cuttack city.

The incident might have taken place a few days ago but it came to fore today. The identity of the deceased man is yet to ascertained, sources said.

The hospital authorities came to know about the incident after foul smell emanated from the roof of a small building adjacent to the Kidney Ward of the childcare hospital today, sources added.

“The authorities spotted a partially-decomposed body on the roof of the small building. The body was lying near an AC of the Kidney Ward. A wrench was also found lying near the body,” said local corporator Aarti Sahu.

It is suspected that the man might have been electrocuted while trying to steal the AC.

“The hospital authorities have made it clear that they had not engaged anyone to carry out any repair work to the ACs at the Kidney Ward. A proper investigation into the case will unearth the reason behind the person’s death,” Sahu added.

On being informed, the police reached the spot and began a probe into the incident. A scientific team also visited the spot to find out clues regarding the incident.

Also Read

Comments are closed.