Odisha man swallows fish, dies

Nayagarh: A man died after swallowing a fish alive accidentally at Sabarpalli village under Bhapur block of Odisha’s Nayagarh district, today.

Ganesh Behera, the deceased, was fishing at a pond in the village this forenoon when he caught a small tilapia fish. As there was no proper place to keep the fish, he held it between his teeth. However, Behera accidentally swallowed the fish as it created rapid movements and went inside his stomach.

Amid suffocation, he was rushed to the Bhapur Community Health Centre, where he breathed his last while undergoing treatment. The body was handed over to the family members after post-mortem.

Police have registered an unnatural death case and started investigation.

Also Read

Comments are closed.

close-link