Odisha: Plus III student dies of electric shock while using phone on charging mode

Bhubaneswar: A Plus III first year student reportedly died of an electric shock while using a mobile phone on charging mode in Kalimela area of Odisha’s Malkangiri district yesterday night

The deceased has been identified as Kama Madhi (19), a student of Kalimela College, locals said.

Kama was pursuing his undergraduate study by staying in his elder sister’s house at Tarini Mandir Sahi at Kalimela. He had put his mobile phone on charging mode at around 8 pm yesterday, sources said.

Kama suffered the electric shock when he answered a call and fell on the ground, sources added.

The locals gathered at the spot when Kama’s five-year-old nephew raised an alarm. The Plus III student was immediately rushed to a nearby hospital with severe burn injuries on his chest and left hand. However, he was declared dead on arrival by the doctors.

Also Read

Comments are closed.