Bhubaneswar: The Odisha Government has decided to provide learning materials to school students through WhatsApp groups amid closure of schools in the state due to nationwide lockdown for coronavirus outbreak.
Project Director of Odisha School Education Programme Authority (OSEPA), Bhupendra Singh Poonia in a letter to all District Education Officers (DEOs) has issued a direction in this regard.
“Dissemination of teaching-learning material through WhatsApp group at different levels is one of the methods of Online Teaching. One such programme namely ‘Shiksha Sanjog’ is already running in Khordha District from 19th April, 2020. It has been decided to implement such a programme in all other districts of the state in the name ‘Odisha Shiksha Sanjog’,” Poonia said in the letter.
It has been suggested to form WhatsApp groups at different levels starting from DEO to students for sharing the following materials:
- PDF of chapters of textbooks available in OSEPA website.
- Question bank (containing questions of different values, i.e.3 mark, 2 mark, 1 marks etc) model answers/answer keys.
- Teaching material for each lesson/period consisting of lesson content worksheet and answer key.
- Written explanation prepared by teachers, video recordings or audios clips prepared by teachers, video lessons/ animation videos available in Madhu App, Diksha Portal or other similar sites/digital platform may be used as lesson content.
- Worksheets of Ujjwal and Utthan for elementary classes.
“It is important to note that all the WhatsApp groups formed for this programme are used for the purpose of teaching and learning only and the ethics of social media must be strictly followed,” the official said in the letter.