Bhubaneswar: The Odisha Vigilance today arrested Nuapada Additional Civil Supplies Officer (ACSO) Ratnakar Sethy, who was found in possession of assets worth Rs 6.73 crore during raids conducted by the agency yesterday.
He was arrested on charges of possessing assets disproportionate to his known sources of income.
Sleuths of the anti-corruption agency had conducted simultaneous searches at six places on the strength of search warrant issued by Special Judge, Vigilance, Cuttack. The places were his residential house at Bali Sahi, Cuttack; one G+3 building at Chauliaganj, Cuttack; Nataraj Palace Kalyan Mandap at Bali Sahi, Cuttack; land of 3 acres covered by boundary wall with house at Oranda, Choudwar, Cuttack; office room, Nuapada and rented house at Nuapada.
The following assets were unearthed during the searches.
1. A four storeyed building at Chauliaganj, Cuttack worth Rs 2,12,25,000.
2. A double storeyed building at Balisahi, Cuttack.
3. A triple storeyed building (Kalyan Mandap) namely Natraj Palace at Balisahi, Cuttack.
4. Insurance deposits worth Rs 1,17,54,828.
5. A farmhouse with 3 acres of land at Oranda, Cuttack.
6. Four plots.
7. Bank deposits including fixed deposits worth Rs 89,24,081.
8. Gold and silver ornaments worth Rs.20,94,000.
9. Household articles worth Rs 16,54,900.
10. Three two-wheelers.