Bhubaneswar: Vigilance sleuths have unearthed assets worth crores from the possession of an Assistant Manager of Water Corporation of Odisha (WATCO) at Baripada in Mayurbhanj district.
The Vigilance sleuths unearthed movable and immovable assets worth crores from the possession of WATCO Assistant Manager (Section I) at Baripada Baneswar Naik and his family members during simultaneous searches at five locations today, said an official.
The unearthed assets are:
- One triple storeyed building at Raghunathpur in Baripada town vide Khata No-255/169 over Plot No-801/2162 & 801/2081 with total area of around 3,314 Sqft.
- One double storeyed building at Talanda in Mayurbhanj with total area of around 2,400 Sqft.
- Another double storeyed building at Chauliasole village in Mayurbhanj with total area of around 2,100 Sqft.
- Three plots including two in Baripada town and one at Talanda in Mayurbhanj.
- Bank, Postal and Insurance deposits over Rs 33.29 lakh.
- Gold jewellery weighing around 250 gms.
- One four-wheeler and two two-wheelers and household articles worth over Rs 16.15 lakh.
“Our officials conducted simultaneous searches at five locations linked to Naik in Mayurbhanj on the allegations that he had amassed assets disproportionate to his known sources of income. Our searches are on. We may unearth more assets from the possession of Naik and his family members,” said the official.