Odisha woman burnt to death as saree catches fire

Sundargarh: A woman was burnt to death after the saree she was wearing caught fire at Sahajbahal village in Biramitrapur area of Odisha’s Sundargarh district.

According to reports, Anupama Nayak (43) of the village was sitting near a bonfire yesterday after taking bath in order to get relief from cold wave conditions. Accidentally, her saree caught fire and she sustained critical burn injuries.

The woman was rescued by her family members and rushed to the Rourkela Government Hospital (RGH). However, she breathed her last while undergoing treatment at the hospital last night.

Police recovered the body for post-mortem and registered an unnatural death case into the incident.

Also Read

Comments are closed.