Jagatsinghpur: A youth was found burning in front of his beloved’s house in Balichandrapur area under Naugaon block in Jagatsinghpur district today evening. The youth, Bipin Sahu hails from Dhenkanal and was working as a mason in Naugaon.
He sustained critical burn injuries and admitted to Naugaon hospital. Later he was shifted to the SCB Medical College and Hospital in Cuttack when his condition deteriorated.
Some villagers said Bipin tried to self immolate in front of the house of a young woman with whom he was in love. But the youth’s family members contradicted the claim of villagers and said the young woman’s family members poured petrol on the youth and set afire him.
A family member of Bipin said the young woman’s family was opposing her love affairs with the youth.