Bhubaneswar: A man who tested positive for COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) in Odisha capital came in contact with at least 129 persons recently, said Subroto Bagchi, chief spokesperson of the State Government on COVID-19, today.
The coronavirus affected person, who returned to India from Italy on March 6, came in contact with 53 people and 76 train passengers, Bagchi said, adding that efforts are on to collect information regarding them.
Bagchi further informed that a clinic in Bhubaneswar, where the coronavirus affected man had consulted a doctor on March 13, has been sealed. The doctor and staff of the clinic have been put on home quarantine, he said.
“The 33-year-old man was doing research in Italy. He had returned to India on March 6. He reached Bhubaneswar on March 12 by a train. He consulted a private doctor on March 13 and was admitted to the Capital Hospital on March 14. On March 15 night, we got the report that he has tested positive,” Bagchi had said earlier in the day.